SHARE Event Support is available to speakers and session chairpersons for any assistance needed while on-site.
Hours of operation:
Visit SHARE Event Support to inquire about A/V equipment or session evaluations. Please note that SHARE no longer provides on-site copying of handouts or the receipt and management of shipped handouts. If you would like to ship your handouts, we recommend that you ship them to your hotel.
If you or your speaker are interested in testing A/V and equipment before the session, you must schedule a rehearsal prior to the event by emailing speakers@SHARE.org. The Event Support room will not have a sample A/V set-up as in past events.
Use this checklist as a guide to prepare for your session before the event.
☑ Review session details
☑ Make hotel reservations
☑ Watch the Chairperson training video
☑ Connect with your speaker
☑ Plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your session
SHARE provides a 16x9 LCD projector and screen as standard A/V equipment in each room for use at the event. A wired lavaliere microphone is provided for sessions scheduled in rooms with a capacity of 100, theater style seating. Speakers are required to provide their own laptop.
If your speaker would like to request additional A/V, SHARE staff members can assist with these needs. Only SHARE staff members can order additional A/V equipment. Please note that additional A/V is available at the speaker's expense. If your speaker would like additional A/V equipment, contact SHARE Headquarters at speakers@SHARE.org. Speakers/Speaker companies may NOT audio or video record sessions. Please contact speakers@SHARE.org with questions or concerns.
View the chairperson training video for tips, tricks and best practices in navigating the event, hosting the session and the follow-up process.
During the Session
Follow these guidelines during your session to ensure an efficient event experience.
- Verify that A/V requirements are met.
- Be aware that SHARE Inc. is required to comply with provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1992). It is possible that individuals with disabilities will be attending sessions and that it may be necessary to make special provisions.
- Remind attendees that they can download handouts through the SHARE Mobile App.
- Remind attendees to complete the electronic session evaluation form via the SHARE Mobile App.
- Welcome and introduce the speaker.
- Ensure that the ground rules stated in your welcome and Canons of Conduct are observed by all those present. If a violation occurs, you must interrupt the session to warn the speaker; if the violation continues, you have the authority and obligation to expel the person from the session or to end the session. Any violation and/or action
takenmust be reported to the Program Leader of the sponsoring project or to a member of the Board or Senior Management Team.
- Adhere to restrictions placed on non-members (i.e., if it is a requirements session, non-members are prohibited from voting).
- Ensure that all attendees prominently display their registration badges. Exhibitors and guests are not allowed to attend sessions without the permission of the Chairperson and the Speaker.
- Recognize the end of the speaker’s presentation by thanking the speaker and opening the session for questions from the audience, or introducing the next speaker. If the speaker is accepting questions, you should recognize each question from the floor and make sure the individual states his or her name and organization. It is your responsibility to control the discussion and comments from the audience.
Either before or after the session, verify with the speakers that they have submitted their electronic proceedings presentation. If they have not turned in their presentation(s), strongly encourage the speaker(s) to turn in their presentation(s) or offer to turn it in for them by XX.
Have questions or concerns? Contact speaker support at speakers@SHARE.org.