SHAREnews Daily Issue 3
|First-time SHARE attendee? Watch out for this symbol - - throughout each issue for activities and resources we think may be of interest to you.|
Breakfast and Learns
7:15 a.m. – 8:15 a.m.
- Driving Business Agility Through Continuous Delivery on the Mainframe | CA Technologies | 210D
- End to End DevOps: Seamlessly Integrate Your DevOps Toolchain from Build to Deployment | Micro Focus | 210G
Technical Session Spotlight
- WLM Introduction with Hemanth Rama | 7:45 a.m. | 111
- IMS Migration and Maintenance Made Easy with John Butterweck and Christian Koeppen | 10:00 a.m. | 211B
- Understanding Blockchain Architecture with Ian Mitchell | 10:00 a.m. | 210A
- Partitioning Strategy and Space Management Best Practice with Frances Villafuerte | 10:00 a.m. | 111
- The Care and Feeding of Catalogs with John Eells | 11:15 a.m. | 210B
- Big Data from IBM z Systems IMS Starts with Tiny I/O with Christian Koeppen and Jeffrey Maddix | 11:15 a.m. | Willow Glen III (Marriott)
- Wells Fargo's Experience with DB2 z/OS Buffer Pool Simulation with Akiko Hoshikawa and Jim Collins | 11:15 a.m. | 211B
- Blockchain, z Systems, Linux and Software Defined Networking with Stephen Guendert | 1:45 p.m. | 210B
- DFSMS Access Methods – Choose Wisely with Cecilia Lewis and Wayne Rhoten | 1:45 p.m. | 210A
- Solving DB2 Performance Problems with Phil Grainger | 3:15 p.m. | 211B
- Avoiding Configuration Pitfalls of IBM RACF, CA ACF2 and Top Secret - External Security Manager (ESM) Do's and Don'ts for Dummies with Mark Wilson, Carla Flores and Richard Faulhaber | 3:15 p.m. | 212C
- Putting the "Fun" Back in Mainframe Functionality with Reg Harbeck | 4:30 p.m. | 111
- PowerPoint Karaoke with Ed Jaffe, Holden O'Neal, Mary Anne Matyaz, Troy Crutcher, Reg Harbeck and Bruce Koss| 6:00 p.m. | 210F
- Sysplex Performance: Review and New at 1:45 p.m. (#20339)
- Speed Mentoring with Jennifer Foley, Frank DeGilio, David Gaertner, Barry Baker and Kyle Charlet| 1:45 p.m. | Blossom Hill I-II (Marriott) [previously scheduled for Thursday, March 9]
SHARE Technology Exchange Expo
The SHARE Technology Exchange Expo opens in Exhibit Hall 1 at 10:30 a.m. and will close at 1:30 p.m. Don’t forget to join exclusive partners for education in the Tech Talk Corner and bring your Passport to Prizes card to the SHARE Booth (#121) for the drawing at 1:10 p.m.!
12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
SHARE Booth (#121)
Today is your last chance to visit the zNextGen Lounge to relax, recharge, learn about volunteering with SHARE and meet a Master the Mainframe contest winner. Visit the SHARE Booth (#121) during Expo hours!
Meet Master the Mainframe Contest Winner Cindy Diaz
10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Sunday Raffle Winners
Did you participate in the raffle during our Sunday night networking reception? Below are the winners! If you see your name and did not hear from us about your prize, please email SHAREhq@SHARE.org.
- King Au
- Yizheng Chan
- Jim Dziedzic
- Susan Greenlee
- Ezriel Gross
Thank you to our 2017 partners: