SHAREnews Daily Issue 2
|First-time SHARE attendee? Watch out for this symbol - - throughout each issue for activities and resources we think may be of interest to you.|
The Four Corners of Enterprise Security
Tuesday, August 8 • 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
David Hayes, U.S. Government Accountability Office; Stu Henderson, The Henderson Group; Simon Dodge, Wells Fargo; and Buzz Woeckener, Nationwide Insurance
Ballroom A, Rhode Island Convention Center
Lunch and Learns
Tuesday, August 8 • 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- The API Revolution on z Systems: Unlocking Your Mainframe for Accelerated Digital Transformation | Rocket Software | Meeting Room 555A, Rhode Island Convention Center
- How Did One of the Largest Credit Reporting Agencies in the World Dramatically Improve DASD Response Time? | Dell EMC | Meeting Room 555B, Rhode Island Convention Center
- INTRODUCING CLOUDVTB...A New Storage Tier for Mainframe Tape Data Sets | Innovation Data Processing | Meeting Room 556A, Rhode Island Convention Center
- Promoting the Mainframe in YOUR Shop – Enhancing and Extending Mainframe Applications and Skills | IBM | Meeting Room 556B, Rhode Island Convention Center
- 2017 State of Enterprise-wide Data Sharing Survey: Results, Priorities and Solutions | Luminex | Narragansett Ballroom A, Omni Providence
- Secure Your Mainframe Applications Using Multi-factor Authentication | Micro Focus | Narragansett Ballroom B, Omni Providence
Birds of a Feather (BOF) Session
- PDSEGEN: Exploiting PDSE Member Generations | VA | 555A, Rhode Island Convention Center
- Open Source Software on z/OS: Joys and Frustrations | Rocket Software | 555B, Rhode Island Convention Center
- Programming Languages in the Enterprise: Swift on z/OS | IBM Toronto Lab | Providence Ballroom, Omni Providence Hotel
Student Career Day
Calling all students! Student Career Day is taking place today.
Technical Session Spotlight
- z/OS Pricing, SoftCapping, and Capacity Product Shootout with John Baker, Thomas Conley, Hans Peeters, Summer Spaulding and Paul Spicer | 10:00 a.m. | 551A/B, Rhode Island Convention Center
SHARE Technology Exchange Expo
The SHARE Technology Exchange Expo opens at the Rhode Island Convention Center in Exhibit Hall C at 4:00 p.m., and will remain open until the close of the reception at 7:30 p.m. Don’t forget to meet IBM Poughkeepsie Developers at Developer Day in the SHARE Booth (#130)!
SHARE Evening Reception: Steamin' Up New England Style Clambake
Tuesday, August 8 • 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Exhibit Hall C, Rhode Island Convention Center
The "Best of the Best" session award winners from SHARE San Jose 2017 have been announced! For past winners, click here.
Best User Session
CICS Internals: An Introduction
Best IBM Session
IBM z/OS Communications Server — Shared Memory Communications (SMC)
Best Vendor Session
RACF Commands for Dummies — Presented by a Dummy
On Tuesday, August 8 at 11:15 a.m. in room 552A/B in the Rhode Island Convention Center, learn about SHARE's plans to transition, with the approval of SHARE's membership, to operate as an IRS 501(c)(6) corporation. The Town Hall will be recorded and available post-conference.
Ask a Question: Tuesday's Keynote
All attendees have the opportunity to pre-submit questions for the Tuesday keynote, then vote on which questions that you want answered. Prepare by submitting a question to your presenters! Click the button below to ask your question.
Are you ready to hear from IBM Poughkeepsie developers? Join us in the SHARE Booth (#130) at the SHARE Technology Exchange Expo in Exhibit Hall C in the Rhode Island Convention Center to hear from the developers on their product/area of focus! Click here for the full schedule.