Thank you for volunteering to be a Chairperson and ensure the sessions go smoothly! This resource page will help to guide you through your role and provide resources to succeed.
During the Session
Follow these guidelines during your session to ensure an efficient event experience.
Download the full Session Chair Guidelines here.
- Introduce yourself to the speaker.
- Verify that A/V requirements are met.
- Be aware that SHARE Association is required to comply with provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1992). It is possible that individuals with disabilities will be attending sessions and that it may be necessary to make special provisions.
- Be aware that attendee scans are not allowed during technical presentations by the speaker. Attendee scans are only allowed during Partner Sponsored Presentations (PSP).
- Welcome and introduce the speaker.
- Remind attendees to complete the electronic session evaluation form via the SHARE Mobile App, QR code or online.
- Remind attendees that they can download available presentations through the SHARE Mobile App or the online Technical Agenda during and immediately following the event.
- Remind attendees that they do not have permission to record the content on personal devices.
- Ensure that the ground rules stated in your welcome and Canons of Conduct are observed by all those present. If a violation occurs, you must interrupt the session to warn the speaker/attendee; if the violation continues, you have the authority and obligation to expel the person from the session or to end the session. Any violation and/or action taken must be reported to the Program Leader of the sponsoring project or to a member of the Board or Senior Management Team.
- Adhere to restrictions placed on non-members (i.e., if it is a requirements session, non-members are prohibited from voting).
- Ensure that all attendees prominently display their registration badges. Exhibitors and guests are not allowed to attend sessions without the permission of the Director or Deputy Director of Operations.
- Recognize the end of the speaker’s presentation by thanking the speaker and opening the session for questions from the audience. It is your responsibility to control the discussion and comments from the audience.
Either before or after the session, verify with the speakers that they have uploaded their presentation slide deck through their Speaker Gateway. If they have not uploaded their presentation(s), strongly encourage the speaker(s) to do so by Friday, July 31, 2020.
Each technical session room is equipped with:
- 16x9 LCD projector and screen
- HDMI cable and all adaptors
- 1 lavaliere microphone and 1 handheld microphone
Use this checklist as a guide to prepare for your session(s).
☑ Make hotel reservations
☑ Review session(s) details before the event
☑ Plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your session(s)
☑ Connect with your speaker
☑ Introduce the speaker and facilitate the session
☑ Enter the session count into the Speaker Gateway
Visit SHARE Event Support for questions regarding assistance regarding the event and/or your sessions. Speakers can also pick-up their speaker pins at the Event Support desk.
Hours of Operation:
Monday: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Tuesday: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Wednesday: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Thursday: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Friday: 8:00am – 11:00am
Have questions or concerns? Contact speaker support at speakers@SHARE.org.